Wednesday 24 December 2008

RM 101.00

I've changed the title to RM 101.00.
Cool, right?


Merry Christmas everyone... And a happy new year!
Prosperous New Year, of course.

:P

~~~~~~~~

I'm waiting for Boyfy to fetch me. We are going to tHe Spring. I heard that there will be a firework event there later on.

Finally, I made my first business. It was only RM 101.00 but I'm so proud about it. Do you know why?

Actually it was a very unexpected business, especially from that Tauke. First time when I approached him in November, he said a lot of nasty things in front of me. Before I left, he tells me to resign and saying this job is not suitable for ladies. He is not the first one to tell me this. Everywhere I go, people tell me the same thing. Well, you can say that I'm either stupid or crazy for taking up this job. I just want to be different and I'm going to go against the odds..!

Frankly speaking, I was so pissed off partly because AT was there listening to this Tauke's "good" recommendation. AT was hoping me to resign so that he can sit at my hot seat. Let me give you one Hokkien phrase lar: Ban Ban Dang!!!

On the way back, I told AT, "I don't care what people think. I'm not going to resign!"

Actually I was trying to convey the message through to AT too.

So, I gainned back all my courage and went to see him again few weeks ago. As usual, I greeted him and asked him whether I can help him to find spare parts. He looked at me and gave me a hate look. I actually begged him by telling,"Please la boss, I really need the order. Please let me help you. Please give me a chance." Wow.. It was so shameful to tell out these words to him. But I have no choice.

So, hee took out his "bible" and told me that he got this and that. At the end, he gave me one part number and asked me to go back to check whether we have the parts.

I went back and check. I was delight that we actually have the parts. I called the Tauke to tell him the good news but he complained that our pricing is too expensive. As a new salesperson, I do not know how to tackle customers. Sometimes I might have used the wrong phase and offended them.

I asked back, "Is that true? How much did you buy then?" I understand that not everyone will tell the pricing, but at least if I ask, I have to chance to this leak information. Instead, that Tauke shouted at me. He scolded me for asking the pricing. Damn. It was so loud until my colleague could hear his shout although she was sitting a distance away from me.

I can tell you, I curse and swear after we ended the conversation. That Tauke was really giving me a hard time.

I told myself, "Well, what to do? I've already done my part. I'm not going back to get scolded again."

Eventually, I received his phone calls last week. He wanted to buy parts from me. I quickly settled his order and delivered it on time. He gave me a few more part numbers to check.

I told my boss,"I don't mind getting scolded another few more times as long as the orders in. Haha!"

So you see, I'm making my first sales. Though it is just one hundred ringgit, but at least it's something, right?

3 comments:

古小玉 said...

☆聖誕鈴聲響起_

╱╱ ◢◣+* (\ /)。_
╱ +◢█◣∵∴ ( ^ ^)_
☆ ◢██◣* ☆(_(__)*∵_
___▂▂█▂▂__∵**∴。∴_

聖 誕 節 *^_^* ☆祝聖誕節快樂

K9 said...

Sis, convincing is the most important in sales. Not only the most popular goods make people convinced but the salesman also pay the important role to convince and grab sales from competitor. Lucky you,can get a sales after being scolded. Haha..you shouldn't ask how much he buy but should tell him that u will try to revise the price and ask for his expectation.

Shen said...

Yalor... I treat that as a lesson.
"NEVER ASK PEOPLE FOR PRICING UNLESS I WANT TO KENA SCOLD AGAIN!!"

But the weird part is some customers tell. Aiksss...