Saturday 17 May 2008

No thanks to Telemarketers

Sneak Peek
I can feel myself burning... need to cool down myself >_<


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Another boring night again.

This morning, I received few stupid phone calls. First from my dear colleague who is working in morning shift. He asked me whether I saw his NCR. Crazy. We are from different process, why I want to keep his NCR?

Then a telemarketer called. She talked to fast until I couldn't understand what the hell was she trying to convey. She kept on repeating the word "Air Asia". She asked whether I'm free at that moment. I told her, "I'm sleeping lahhh...". She said she'll call me again.

Around 4pm, she called back... And still, she talked so fast. She kept on mentioning the word "Air Asia". Then she asked me, "So are you free now? Would you like to hear the plan?"

Frustratedly (as I was still sleeping that time) I told her, " Could you please briefly tell me what are you going to tell?"

Then she started to tell me what hospitalisation benefits, what death, what medical, what benefits, what RM36 and bla bla bla... Not interested at all. I asked her back, "Sorry. So you are planning to sell me insurance?"

She said yes and she's from ING or AIG.

Politely I told her, "Oh... Ok then.. thanks." And I put down my phone.

Nowadays insurance company using lots of tactics just to lure customers to buy their insurance. I'm a insurance agent myself. I believe that one person just need one policy. A REAL GOOD ONE. No point to get 5 cheap insurance policies that cannot provide you anything when you need them. You only need to add more policies when you feel that your existing policy (10 years later) couldn't cover your needs anymore, such as medical and so on.

Well, this is my insurance point of view la.

I see some of my friends paying for a few policies. Then shutting one by one when he has financial crisis. What is the use paying a policy for 2 years, then cancelling? What have you been paying for these two years gone...!! Even if investing your money in a saving plan, need to be very careful too. Cannot invest too much as they have a timeline (like 20 years). If you withdraw your money halfway, then your return would not be as attractive anymore. This will constrain your financial liquidity.

Hmmm... Am I talking like a pro? Haha.. no la... I'm a lousy insurance agent who only sell ONE policy.............. to me myself! Lolz!



Still waiting for offer letter. Future boss said it will be ready end of this month. I've been thinking how to answer my bosses after I hand in my resignation.

THE NOT SO POPULAR VAIN PIC OF MUAH...HAHAHA!

No comments: