Saturday 26 April 2008

Action speaks louder than words

Sneak Peek
Damn sien at work today. Feel so unmotivated. So sleepy the whole day...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After my 1st interview, I got some information that I am one of the selected candidates to go for the 2nd interview. So, I called them several times but they asked me to wait. They said they will call me. After waiting for more than 2 weeks, I thought of giving up.

"Maybe I failed the interview. They should have called me if they want me."

The hope is thin. So I tried to apply another few more jobs in Jobstreet. Just in two days, I got a called from another company (actually is a Head Hunter Group) asking me to send my personal particulars, resume and certs to them.

Two days ago, I got a called from the HR (the company I went back for interview). They told me I am selected to go for the 2nd interview. The interviewer would be their Director.

Huh?? What? Director??? OMG!

I can feel butterflies in my stomach the whole day. What is the interview would be like? Is the director going to ask a lot of funny questions? And the worst part is I need to go to Puchong to get the interview done. Where is Puchong? Is it far from KL? I have no idea at all.

I thought about this issue for the whole night. I need this job indeed.

My boss says he is going to expand my jobscope. Does expanding my area of control is what I want? To me, it doesn't make any difference. Expanding my area of control will just heavier my burden. That's all. FULL STOP.

In this company I went for interview, I will get to learn how to do forecasting, budgeting, lots of planning, control of subordinate, dealing with angry customers and facing big bosses. Besides, it is under Sime Darby subsidary group.

When the question "How far do you think you can go?" pop out of my mind last time, I couldn't think of anything. Throughout my whole life, it seems like I do not have any moto. When I was studying, I never thought I will go for engineering. When I was doing my diploma, I never thought I will obtain an engineering degree. When I finally graduated, I never thought I will get a job with a happy salary. Everything is not under my control.

Starting from 2008, I have a high ambition. I want to be a manager. In order to become a manager, I need to have experience.

To get the experience, I need to get myself into that company. Then get an MBA while working there.

Talking is easy. But action needs a lot of endless effort. How far can I go?

No comments: