Thursday 21 February 2013

The Porridge Dilemma

I don't know how many parents (or I should say mom only?) have this problem.  

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE PORRIDGE FOR MY BABY!!!

Well, I am in dilemma since few months ago. I've been figuring how to make baby porridge, how long I need to cook, what should I cook with the porridge (meat? fish? vege?), when I should cook the porridge, etc.

Now the question is, do I need a slow cooker?  Do I really need one to cook baby porridge?  Can I use my micro computer rice cooker instead?  

How much rice I need to put in for my baby?  Do I need to cook soup for the porridge? Ahhh.. Really headache...

Baby Karen is nearly 6-month old now. I should be feeding her porridge soon.  But she can't even master to eat cereal properly yet.  I wonder I should start porridge that early.

Anyway, I've browse the internet and found some baby porridge making guide.  I'm still blur after reading it. 

Some people tell me bring the ingredient to babysitter there and let the babysitter cook for the baby.  Well, I'm a bit reluctant. 

Why?

1.  Babysitter very ngau chii, I scare she will bising bising if I ask her to cook for my baby. If she didn't bising in front of me, she will gossip something bad behind me with other parents.  (She always gossip other parents bad things for me to hear, duh!)

2.  If she cooks, is she cooking properly?  She has to take care another two boys, has to cook for she & her husband, need to feed my baby, feed the two boys, wash, clean....  So she got the time to cook or not?

3.  Hubby says why not cook our own because we can practice good hygiene.

I think I want to start cooking porridge (trial) this saturday. I can do it!!

Shit, what ingredient I should out in har???




No comments: