Friday 25 December 2009

Merry Christmas, Jason!

When I was at the petrol station this morning, I passed by a blue Wira. I think I saw Jason.

After parking my car next to his (sharing the same kiosk), I purposely went up and had a look at him again. Yes, it's really Jason.

"Chai Ji!", I called up. He tilted his head and he saw me. He wished me Merry Christmas and I wished him back.

After some chit chat, he told me that he is leaving for Miri next week. What?!! Leaving?!!!

Yes, he is leaving Kuching for another better job.

After filling our petrol, we said goodbye.

While driving back, a sudden sadness aroused me. Oh no... my friend is leaving me... he is moving to another place. Meaning to say, I won't be bumping him in petrol station again in Kuching. The feeling is like, I've just lost one friend.

Thinking back, if I were to feel that I've lost a friend just because he told me he is leaving Kuching, how ironic. When he was in Kuching all these while, I never make any effort to call him up. What more to say meet him up?

Jason is my dear friend whom we met each other while working part time last time. Worst still, I never spoke to him during that time. The only memory I had is he went to watch Lase Disc with us. Fat, round and cute boy. I think I've virtually lost a good friend.

Aiksss...!!

Lesson of the day:
Treasure what you have before it is too late.

No comments: