Wednesday 15 October 2008

Comments I don't want to know

Business is hard to do nowadays. Another empty handed day for me. Average out, I went to so at least 2 customers a day. But the work is tedious as I'm lack of technical knowledge.

When people ask me questions regarding my product, mostly I will say I need to check with my HQ. I'm sure everyone out there who asked me those questions know that I am a tin kosong. Not only that, I'm receiving many comments, like:

"You are from manufacturing background??? How come you end up in this industry? You can do it meh?" - Comment from AT when we went for the 2nd interview back in June '08

"This job is not suitable for you. You should find another job that requires you to sit in the office." - Comment from a family friend few days ago.

"You must know your strength. You must understand whether you like to work in this industry or not. Because doing business in this industry is not easy. You need to know everything from the ground." - Comment from a big old tauke.

"How's your new job? Wah, you do sales?!! So tough, man! If I were you, I cannot do. It's too hard for me." - Comment from a best friend of mine.


I don't know how do you guys find these comments, but I find them very discouraging. Those comments run wild in my brain these few days and create stress for me.

And everything doesn't go as smooth as what I expect.

Apparently I working home based as the office is still under renovation. The front part is expected to be done end of this week. Every morning I need go fetch my admin clerk and take her with me when I go meet customers. Under the sparkling hot sun and heavy traffic, I went to see customers to customers. End of the day, I come back empty handed.

People can think what they want, and comment what they like. I can also choose to listen what I want and do what I like. I know they don't mean to stop me from carry on with my career. They may have their own points too. But they do not understand that it is a great opportunity for me to explore.

This business is just like an untouched jungle. My task is to explore the market, record down how many species are there and start hunt them down one by one. I know that their are many hunters out there who already have their jungle tracks and traps hidden behind those big trees.

However, I'm still sleeping like a baby every night. Enjoy my meals like nothing had happened. Life still carry on. No big deal at all.

I went to Sahaja Yoga class last Friday.

Master Richard thought us to free our thoughts. Whenever you feel disturbed, free your thoughts and meditate. After everything cooled down, go to the top and look down and you'll have a clearer view. Most importantly, do not react. Everything will turned out fine and all good things will come after you if you stay calm.

I believe in what Master thought us. I will just need to do my part. Do not need to react when I receive such comments or business is not good.

Everything will come to me eventually, if I keep up the good work.

Gambatteh!

3 comments:

John Noyce said...

the real Sahaja Yoga can be accessed here:
http://www.sahajayoga.org
and here:
http://freemeditation.tv

古小玉 said...

hiaya...always believe on yourself, I "look good" on you, your will be one of the CEO in future. ! :)

Shen said...

John Noyce: Thanks!

Uncle Khoo: Thanks for your support. I'm just thinking how to live life to the fullest. Got CEO or no CEO is not important if you do not have time for your family. I just want to get my job done and do a good job. But things turn out to be so tough for me. What to do? Since that I'm in this industry and no more turning back, I got to pray hard so that everything goes well.