Thursday 24 July 2008

Want for more

23 July 2008 Wednesday 6:00am

It's count down again. 48 days to go. No sign of new replacement yet.

I just came back from Kuching on Monday night. I bought 6 packs of butter bun. One for myself, the rest for my colleagues and my people. But unfortunately, those 5 packs of butter bun are sitting at home now. I think my memory is fading.

Four Johorians went to Kuching last weekend. Two of them are my friends, while the other two are their friends. They went to Taman Kereta for their first dinner in Kuching. They were so excited with the Lobsters they ordered.

They went back to the same place again the next day. We joined them this time. They ordered don't-know-what prawns (looks very wild like that because those prawns have very huge big torned legs), Oh Jien (Fried oyster in flour), Belacan Binin (a kind of local wild veges, sth similar to Paku), Belacan Paku, damn-expensive Satay Ayam & Satay Beef, BBQ Sotong, Garlic BBQ fish, sweet n sour lobsters and soft shell crabs. Before we could finish the lobsters, we were already so full until we could feel the lobsters trying to crawl out from our throat. At the end, we canceled out the last dish - soft shell crab

Before we asked for the bill, we took turn to guess the price. Some guess RM200. Some say RM300. I guess RM250.

After two of my friends paid the bill, we had our last chance to guess the bill again. It's cheaper than RM200!! Some say RM186, Some say RM190, I guess RM168.

The price is RM180++ only!

Increadibly cheap, eh? But for West Malaysian only la okay. For us Sarawakian, this is expensive. That Taman Kereta is actually a place for parking cars. It is a 7-storey building where the first 5 floors are used to park cars (if i'm not mistaken). The 6th floor for functions (such as for PC fairs, education fairs and blablabla). And the 7th floor is for food court. Majority of the stalls up there are selling Seafood. It has become one of the tourist attraction spot in Kuching already. And Malays love to go there. Reason? Because food served up there are all halal~!!! Hehe...

Nevertheless, I couldn't deny the food up there are not nice. Especially the big, juicy lobsters, they left want-for-more-lobster taste on my tongue. Totally yummy~~

Who wants to belanja me makan up there..? I'm more than willing to become your tour guide. Hehe.

** Pls ignore the lobster crawling thing. I'm just boring.

No comments: