Saturday 23 February 2008

Ah Mau the old cat

First thing after I put down my luggage, I brushed few strokes on Dolly, then headed to the backyard and called out her name.

"Ah Mau! Ah Mau!"

There was no answer.

I waited for a while, but still no sign of her.

Disappointedly, I walked back to the living room and continued playing with Dolly.

Next morning, I still called out her name. But there was still no sign of her.

Each day has passed. My passion for her started to fade.

I guess she's either dead or couldn't recall who am I anymore.

One day when I was about to go out, I saw two tiger like cats sitting inside my kitchen. Of course, one is Dolly.... but... am I seeing double??? Ahhhhh!!! She's Ah Mau!!!

Due to my time constraint, I greeted her and left.

The next day, I saw her at the pantry. She seems like getting older. I thought that I won't be able to see her again.

When I tried to lay on hands on her, she shuddered. It looks like no one has been touching her for months. Slowly I stroked her. Her coat wasn't as soft as before. You can feel they are dry, and her colour has faded. She has turned to a brown tiger oldie cat.



Spiky hair ;p


Brownish


"Hey, why are you taking my pix without my permission, huh?"


Dolly was there with us. She moved around, as if trying to catch my attention.While Ah Mau turned aggressive. She roar at her. Dolly ended up hiding behind the wall.

Dolly and her all time favourite Ridsect


Spiderish devil


Ah Mau got a bit annoyed with her presence. To avoid cat fights, I asked Dolly to stay inside her cage.



Dolly tried to act innocent, licking her paw after her snacks.


After that, she left. She never come back to look for me again. I think she was angry because of Dolly. Ya' know... old cat is like that one lah.



Dolly seeing Ah Mau off


Anyway, I still think Ah Mau is the cutest cat on earth.

Though she's old already, she still sit the way she used to be... So cute and adorable.


Ah Mau, you must remember me oh... muacksss!!


Left to Right: Ah Mau, Muah. Behind: Dolly

No comments: