Saturday 29 December 2007

Tom, Dick and Harry

Oh damn... I need to stay back this weekend to do OT. Another weekend gone.

David came to my company for interview today. They offered him the job directly after his interview. If there is a company hiring you without thinking, what do you think? Is that company really need your professionalism? To sad to tell the truth is they hire you because they need people. But not you.

To me, there is a risk working in this kind of company.

First, you don't know when they do not need you anymore. Since that they can just simply pick any Tom, Dick and Harry from the street, finding another new employee is no longer a big deal for them. When they finish using you, they will find ways to throw you out from this company. Don't you wish on the day when you hand in your resignation letter, your boss and CEO are begging you to stay, hence giving you a large increment? This is because they still know how to value you.

Second, since that any Tom, Dick and Harry can join us, means we are not professionals and we got no more value in the market. Currently my salary is more than what my engineering friends are getting. But in terms of value, who do you think are more valuable? Of cuz engineer la...

I already decided to tell my boss regarding my transfer after he comes back from holiday next week. I hope everything goes smooth.

God, I need your help again this time. I need your blessing just like what you gave me during my Scholarship Interview, Final Year Project Demo, work interview, and so on.

God bless.

No comments: